TOP MOVING TIPS
The moving process can be difficult, but the following tips will hopefully take away some of the stress:
- As soon as your moving day has been confirmed – have a good clear out and get rid of any unwanted items.
- If you are planning on using a removal company – get quotes and make sure they are available on the date you require. We can recommend some reliable companies if you need help.
- If you intend to move yourself – organise suitable transport plus family and friends to help you!
- Make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover your possessions and your new home.
- Consider hiring professional cleaners to give your new home a thorough clean before you move in. We can recommend some reliable companies if you need help.
- If necessary, organise child and pet care for your moving day.
- Gather all keys, alarm code, instruction manuals and useful information together for the people moving into your home.
- Re-direct your post, cancel milk and newspapers and inform family, friends, work, bank, schools, etc of your new address.
- Register with a new doctor, dentist, etc if you are moving to a new area.
- Make sure you have a bottle of champagne on ice to celebrate your move!!
"Hi, Karen, the house sale has happened at last! Thank you very much for your diligence and hard work, you were very active in promoting muma's house when the market was slow and your persistence paid off. The buyers tell me that the young man Shaun who showed them around was punctual and professional. You kept us informed at all times about what was happening. Your local knowledge counted for a lot and we would be happy to recommend you to anyone wanting to sell a house."