TOP MOVING TIPS
The moving process can be difficult, but the following tips will hopefully take away some of the stress:
- As soon as your moving day has been confirmed – have a good clear out and get rid of any unwanted items.
- If you are planning on using a removal company – get quotes and make sure they are available on the date you require. We can recommend some reliable companies if you need help.
- If you intend to move yourself – organise suitable transport plus family and friends to help you!
- Make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover your possessions and your new home.
- Consider hiring professional cleaners to give your new home a thorough clean before you move in. We can recommend some reliable companies if you need help.
- If necessary, organise child and pet care for your moving day.
- Gather all keys, alarm code, instruction manuals and useful information together for the people moving into your home.
- Re-direct your post, cancel milk and newspapers and inform family, friends, work, bank, schools, etc of your new address.
- Register with a new doctor, dentist, etc if you are moving to a new area.
- Make sure you have a bottle of champagne on ice to celebrate your move!!
"Dear Chris, please accept my sincere thanks for all of your help and my appreciation of your sensitivity regarding my situation in selling my family home. You have helped to make a sometimes very tough situation a lot easier and I thank you for that greatly. "