TOP MOVING TIPS
The moving process can be difficult, but the following tips will hopefully take away some of the stress:
- As soon as your moving day has been confirmed – have a good clear out and get rid of any unwanted items.
- If you are planning on using a removal company – get quotes and make sure they are available on the date you require. We can recommend some reliable companies if you need help.
- If you intend to move yourself – organise suitable transport plus family and friends to help you!
- Make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover your possessions and your new home.
- Consider hiring professional cleaners to give your new home a thorough clean before you move in. We can recommend some reliable companies if you need help.
- If necessary, organise child and pet care for your moving day.
- Gather all keys, alarm code, instruction manuals and useful information together for the people moving into your home.
- Re-direct your post, cancel milk and newspapers and inform family, friends, work, bank, schools, etc of your new address.
- Register with a new doctor, dentist, etc if you are moving to a new area.
- Make sure you have a bottle of champagne on ice to celebrate your move!!
"To all of you, I want to say thank you very much for the efficiency and the professionalism you have demonstrated. We are so grateful."